In what appears like Boko Haram style of attempted mass abduction, armed bandits on Wednesday night attacked a secondary school in Zamfara State, abducting many.
In a report monitored from BBC Hausa this morning, the attackers stormed Government Girls Secondary School, Moriki in Zurmi Local Government of Zamfara State, shot sporadically and abducted unspecified number of people.
Sources told the BBC that the attackers, who successfully abducted four cooks and two teachers, were however unable to reach the students’ dormitories.
The source said the bandits had earlier in the afternoon blocked a road leading to the town before attacking the school at night.
On April 14, 2014, Boko Haram terrorists abducted hundreds of schoolgirls of a secondary school in Chibok, Borno State.
Although Nigerian authorities had negotiated the release of some of the girls, it is believed that 112 girls are still with the terrorists five years after the abduction.
On February 19, 2018, 109 schoolgirls from their secondary school in Dapchi, Yobe State, were abducted by Boko Haram but returned after negotiations remaining only one Leah Sharibu.