Action President of NASS, MAUTECH, vying for University's SUG Presidency
The President of the Nigerian Association of Science Students, Modibbo Adama University of Technology (MAUTECH) Chapter, Comrade Abdulhamid Shuaib Abdulhamid (ASA), has picked up the form for the office of the President of the Students Union Government.
What his campaign managers listed as his achievements and what the students enjoyed during his time as NASS President includes but not limited to:
- Building of relaxation hut at school of Physical Sciences Complex, which is considered to be the first of its kind in the schools and has eased the hardship encountered by students looking for a place to relax and for those that enjoy outdoor reading.
- He repaired and replaced some fans and electrical fittings at the departments of Chemistry, Geology, Statistics and Operations Research.
- Construction of Concrete Seats for students at the departments of Microbiology, Statistics and Operations Research, Science Laboratory Technology, Chemistry and in Lecture Theatres 3 and 4 (Prof. AA Ahmad Lecture Theatre).
- Purchase of a generator that ensured that the students had access to light throughout every exam period that he was at the helm.
- Distribution of the NASS Jotters (Booklets) and Stickers (emblems), that carry vital information about life on campus, to students.
- NASS Dinner and Award Night, where most supportive lecturers and dedicated students were honoured and encouraged to continue the good work.
- Supportive lecturers, HODs and Dean Students Affairs were awarded in recognition of their contributions towards students’ discipline, success and mentoring.
The secret behind the success is due to a strict commitment to financial discipline as they only spent money when it is absolutely right and necessary. It is widely expected that Abdulhamid would transcend this success at the SUG.