...Redifining Journalism for Development

Gombe begins implementation of N30, 000 minimum wage


Gombe state government and the organized labour in the state today agreed on the payment of N30,000 new minimum wage.

This was contained in a press statement signed and made available to Newsmen in Gombe by the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media and Publicity Samaila Uba Misilli on Wednesday.

He said the new salary would begin from February and to capture adjustments, as implementation takes effect from 1 January.

This was after series of negotiations between the government team, led by the state Deputy Governor,  Dr. Manassah Daniel Jatau, the organized labour and the Joint Negotiation Council.

According to the agreement signed by all the parties at a meeting in the office of the Deputy Governor, the new minimum wage of 30, 000 Naira will be paid to civil servants, including those in Local Government areas and Local Education Authorities (LEA).

As contained  in the agreement, “the effective date of the implementation of the new national minimum wage  shall be 18 April 2019 notionally while financially with effect from 1 January 2020.”

Meanwhile, 65 per cent on the increase of CONHESS and CONMESS will be implemented in the state civil service and the remaining 35 per cent will be considered during the review between the period of 6 and 12 months from the effective date of implementation.

It will be recalled that Governor Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya had in December 2019, constituted a 15 man committee headed by the state Deputy Governor, Dr Manassah Daniel Jatau to negotiate the N30,000 minimum wage and the consequential adjustments.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.