AFRICAN TRADITIONAL MEDICINE FOR THE TREATMENT AND PREVENTION OF CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19) USING PRO-C2
It should be noted that:
1. I have not seen the virus
2. I have not seen any infected case
3. I will use the available information obtained from the experts for my diagnosis
4. My intervention will be based on the African traditional medicine
5. I will use African traditional medicine diagnosis method
AVAILABLE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PATHOGENIC FACTOR
– They call it coronavirus
– Some are saying it is a living thing while others are saying it is a non living thing
– They say it is infectious
-Mode of transmission is through droplets
– The common root of entry into the body is through the nose, mouth and eye
– It affects the airways
– Incubation period is 1-14 days mostly
– It survives better in cold environment
EARLY SYMPTOMS AND SIGNS
– They say it affects the senses organ of test and smell (early symptom is loss of test and smell)
– Features of common cold
– Sore throat
– Dry cough
– Difficulty in breathing
– GIT disorder
– It is more deadly in older age than youth, people with high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer and other chronic diseases.
READ ALSO: COVID-19: Yobe’s Dr Jawa produces antidote
AFRICAN TRADITIONAL MEDICAL (ATMS) DIAGNOSIS BASED ON THE
The principle of ATMS diagnosis is based on temperamental theory in
The method consider:-
1. Organ affected and its temperament 2. The pathogenic factor and its temperament
3. The clinical features
In the case of Covid-19, the organ affected is the respiratory system.
The main organ of respiration is the lungs.
In ATMS the lung is considered as cold temperament organ.
The function of the lungs include:
1. Breathing air in and out of the body
2. Dispersing water up and down in the body
3. Control skin and body hairs
4. Assist in regulating body temperature, etc.
In ATMS, all disorder affecting cold temperament organs or system is considered cold syndrome regardless of the pathogenic factor. However, the clinical features of the disorder always play important roll in the syndrome differentiation and is used in the treatment, management and preventive process.
In the case of Covid-19, based on the available information is that, the pathogenic factor and the organ affected are of cold temperament, that is to say, covid-19 is a cold syndrome disorder.
The clinical features of covid-19 are mixed which includes catarrh, sore throat, sneezing dry cough and difficulty in breathing. These are signs and symptoms of cold syndrome of respiratory system, while headache, fever, joint pain are symptoms of heat syndrome of respiratory system. However, looking at the function of lungs in dispersing, domination of skin, body hair and regulation of body temperament, the above heat signs may be due to lost of function of the lung in dispersing, and temperature regulation. In line with the above therefore, Covid-19 is a cold syndrome of the respiratory system.
The principles of syndrome differentiation in ATMP is divided into two (2):
1. Cold syndrome of dry type
2. Cold syndrome of damp type
(Dry cold and damp cold)
Dry cold is related to air and damp cold is related to phlegm. This process is known as syndrome differentiation in ATMS.
So the final diagnosis of Covid-19 based on the above analysis is Damp cold syndrome of the respiratory system.
To be continued.