Neptune Prime Network Limited, publishers of Neptune Prime online newspaper has petitioned the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, over allegations of financial misappropriation at the Sharia Court of Appeal of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT.
In Freedom of Information Request dated July 7, 2020 and submitted at the office of the Grand Khadi which were copied to the two anti-graft agencies, Neptune Prime is seeking among other things reason(s) why about 500 staff of the Court were not paid their April and May salaries, why monies were arbitrarily deducted from their salaries account, why the staff salaries account in FCMB was closed using a court order obtained under questionable circumstances from a Magistrate Court sitting in Minna Niger State.
See full details of the letter below:
REQUEST FOR CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF THE STAFF PAY ROLL AND STAFF SALARIES PAYMENT VOUCHER FOR THE PERIOD AUGUST 2019 TO JUNE 2020 UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2011
The above subject matter refers.
As a media outfit registered under the relevant Laws of Federal Republic of Nigeria, we humbly request for the Certified True Copies of pay roll and staff salaries payment voucher for the period August, 2019 to June 2020 pursuant to Sections 1, 2 (1)&(2), 3 and 4 the Freedom of Information (FOI) ACT.
This request is predicated on our investigative journalism to unravel the remote and immediate causes of the following:
1. The cause and why about Five Hundred (500) staff of the Sharia Court of Appeal FCT salaries were not paid through out of the period of National Lockdown commencing from 30th March 2020 to 4th July, 2020.
2. The documents and/or Court Order that empowered the closure of Salaried Accounts of members of Staff domiciled in FCMB to Zenith Bank Plc during the period of non payment.
3. The document and or authority that First City Monument Bank Plc used to deduct all credit balance on salary accounts of some of the staff of the Sharia Court of Appeal during the National Lockdown period.
4. Whether a Magistrate Court sitting in Minna Niger State has jurisdiction over the First City Monument Bank Plc and the Sharia Court of Appeal all of the Federal Capital Territory.
5. Certified True Copy of the 2019 budget of Sharia Court of Appeal of the FCT.
6. Certified True Copy of the Budgetary envelope of the Sharia Court of Appeal for the year 2019 given by the National Judicial Council
7. Certified True Copy of the monthly allocation by the National Judicial Council from January – December, 2019 .
8. Application of the budgetary allocations to the 2019 budget
9. Full details of the monthly allocations expended
10. Remittance of the funds to the public treasury at the end of the year 2019 if any.
We undertake to bear the costs of the CTC and all necessary fees.
It is our hope that your agency will oblige us our request within seven (7) days of this letter.
For: Neptune Network Nigeria Limited.
The Hon Attorney-General & Minister of Justice,
Federal Ministry of Justice,
Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission
Central Business District,
Economic Financial Crimes Commission