Potiskum LG approves issuance of certificate of registration permit to clubs, associations
The Executive Chairman of Potiskum local government area Hon. Salisu Muktari, has approved the regulation and revalidation of all clubs and associations within a period of one month, with effect from Monday 21st February to Monday 21st March, 2022.
In a statement signed by the council secretary Hon. Idriss Madu Bah, said the development is part of an ongoing efforts to address some challenges caused by the growing diversity and rising population in Potiskum.
Bah said, “Instead of the initial “sign and stamp registration permit” without subjecting it to proper scrutiny, the council introduced issuance of Certificate of Registration Permit.
The requirements for obtaining the certificate are as follows:
1. Registration form or copy of existing Certificate of Registration, obtained from the Yobe State Ministry of Youths and Sports.
2. Copy of Constitution/Modus operandi
3. List of Executives/Officials
4. List of Board of Trustees
5. Copy of duly signed receipt of Registration Permit fee (N5000), payable to the revenue department of Local Government.
The statement further called the attention of concerned bodies to ensure timely compliance, and inform the public that, all relevant stakeholders and security agencies were convened and opted for proper implementation, as defaulters would be appropriately sanctioned.