Warehouse destroyed by fire in Lagos


Property worth millions of Naira have said to have been destroyed in the early hours of Tuesday after a warehouse was gutted by fire in the Christian Missionary Society (CMS) area of Victoria Island, Lagos State.

Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, Permanent Secretary, Lagos Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), confirmed the incident in a statement on Tuesday.

READ ALSO: Fire guts 91 shops in popular fabric market in Lagos

He stated that the fire was caused by a power surge when electricity was restored, adding that there was no casualty recorded in the incident.

Oke-Osanyintolu said, “The agency responded to the fire incident on 118 Broad Street, which was relayed to LASEMA through the toll free 112 emergency number this morning.

“On arrival at the above scene of the incident, it was discovered that a room in a warehouse where shoes are stored was gutted by fire. The fire ignited as a result of power surge when electricity was restored.

“Fortunately, there was no casualty in the incident. The agency’s response team alongside LRU fire, Lagos State Fire Service and Federal Fire Service are responders at the scene of the incident working together to put out the fire. The operation is ongoing.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here