...Redifining Journalism for Development

Abure, family narrowly escape fire disaster, land in hospital

311

Abure, family narrowly escape fire disaster, land in hospital

A devastating fire broke out at the home of Barrister Julius Abure, the National Chairman of the Labour Party (LP), in the early hours of Wednesday, leaving the residence severely damaged.

Mr. Obiora Ifoh, the National Publicity Secretary of LP, reveal that the fire started shortly after 1 am while Abure and his family were asleep at the time.

Recalling the harrowing events, a family member shared that they were alerted to the danger by concerned neighbors and security personnel residing in the compound.

READ ALSO: Fire engulfs Abuja Minister’s residence

“The entire family were trapped as the inferno had reached the staircase making it impossible for Abure and family to escape.”

“However, it took divine intervention for the national chairman and his family to escape after neighbours and security men gallantly pulled down one of the windows upstairs making ways for the family to escape.

“Men of the Fire Service arrived shortly after Abure and his family were evacuated.

“Abure and his family were rushed to a private hospital where they are presently receiving treatment. Their condition is however stable,” Ifoh said.

Some of the photos of the fire incident showed some burnt part of the apartment, with another showing a place that look like a inverter battery compartment.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.