HomeDisaster9 rescued, others...

9 rescued, others still trapped in collapsed Abuja 4-storey hotel

9 rescued, others still trapped in collapsed Abuja 4-storey hotel

The Federal Fire Service says rescue operations of the four-storey building that collapsed at Dape in Life Camp, Abuja, will resume on Tuesday at 8.a.m.

Mr Emeribe David, a Superintendent of Fire, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the scene of the disaster, that all the participating  agencies involved had  agreed to resume the rescue operation on Tuesday morning.

READ ALSO: Four-storey building collapse in Abuja traps multiple people

The building, which was said to be a hotel under construction, collapsed around 4 p.m. on Monday, trapping undisclosed number of labourers.

David, who led the team of firemen to the site, said that the fire service received a distress call around 4.pm and reached the site about 15 minutes later.

He said that his team joined other agencies in the operations to save the lives of the people trapped in the wreckage.

He identified some of the agencies as the FCT Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Federal Road Safety Corps, National Emergency Management Agency and security agencies, among others.

“Immediately the Fire Service received the call, we were deployed to the scene with a fire truck and ambulance crew to see what we can salvage.

“We do not know the number of people that were trapped, but we will figure that out when we continue the operations in the morning,” he said.

Earlier, the Director-General of FEMA, Dr Abass Idris, told journalists that nine persons have so far been rescued as at 7:44 p.m.

A NAN correspondent who was at the scene reports that the agencies involved in the operation closed the site around 10 p.m., while security officials were drafted to guard the area.

Follow the Neptune Prime channel on WhatsApp:

Do you have breaking news, interview request, opinion, suggestion, or want your event covered? Email us at neptuneprime2233@gmail.com

Get notified whenever we post something new!

spot_img

Continue reading

Water Shortage: Kano gov orders action in Warawa LG – Commissioner for Environment

Water Shortage: Kano gov orders action in Warawa LG - Commissioner for Environment Story from Jamilu Lawan Yakasai Kano State Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf has ordered immediate action to address severe water shortages in Talawa, Ba'awa, and Dinyari communities in Warawa...

Police arraign hit-and-run driver for killing 32-year-old tech CEO

Police arraign hit-and-run driver for killing 32-year-old tech CEO The Lagos State Police Command has confirmed the arraignment of Abiola Odutayo for reckless driving, which resulted in the death of Bumpa co-founder Teejay Opayele. The incident happened on March 4, 2025,...

Four Nigerian businessmen make 2025 Africa’s billionaires’ list

Four Nigerian businessmen make 2025 Africa's billionaires' list Nigeria’s wealthiest businessmen, Aliko Dangote, Mike Adenuga, Abdulsamad Rabiu, and Femi Otedola, have emerged as the only Nigerians on the 2025 ‘Africa’s Billionaires List’ compiled by Forbes, which was released on Saturday. Once...