HomeNewsLocalBREAKING: VP Osinbanjo’s...

BREAKING: VP Osinbanjo’s surgery successful – Presidency

The presidency has disclosed that the surgical operation performed on vice president Yemi Osinbajo at a Lagos hospital on Saturday was successful.

Neptune Prime reports earlier that the vice president would undergo surgery on a leg injury which he sustained while playing squash.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: VP Osinbajo to undergo surgery

Few hours later, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Office of the Vice President, Mr Laolu Akande, announced that the surgical procedure was successfully performed, adding the vice president was well and alert, according to The Nation.

“Doctors who performed the surgical operation on Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, to treat the recurrent pain caused by a fracture in his leg have concluded the procedure and it was successful.

“Also, the VP is alert and well,” the statement said.

The Presidency further cited a statement by authorities of Duchess International Hospital, where the procedure was performed, that Osinbajo would be hospitalised for a couple more days.

“The Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, GCON, was admitted to the Duchess International Hospital GRA, Ikeja, Lagos, today on account of a fracture of his right femur (thigh bone), possibly related to a longstanding injury associated with a game of squash.

“He had a surgical operation performed by a team of specialist doctors, including Dr. Wallace Ogufere (Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon); Dr. Om Lahoti (Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon); Dr. Babajide Lawson (Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon); Dr. Ken Adegoke (Consultant in Anaesthesia & Critical Care); Dr. Oladimeji Agbabiaka (Consultant Anaesthetist); and Dr Adedoyin Dosunmu-Ogunbi (Consultant Physician & Medical Director).

“The operation was successful, and he is expected to be discharged within the next few days,” said the statement by Dr Adedoyin Dosunmu-Ogunbi, Medical Director of the hospital.

Follow the Neptune Prime channel on WhatsApp:

Do you have breaking news, interview request, opinion, suggestion, or want your event covered? Email us at neptuneprime2233@gmail.com

Get notified whenever we post something new!

spot_img

Continue reading

Ronaldo provides his Marrakech hotel for earthquake victims as death toll rises above 2,000

Ronaldo provides his Marrakech hotel for earthquake victims as death toll rises above 2,000   Portugal international, Cristiano Ronaldo, has made his hotel, Pestana CR7 in Marrakech available as shelter for victims after a 7.2 magnitude earthquake tore a larger part...

NGO berates professional conduct over patient with missing intestine

NGO berates professional conduct over patient with missing intestine   A Non-governmental Organisation (NGO), Women Arise for Change Initiative, has frowned at the level of professionalism by some doctors following the removal of a 13-year-old boy's small intestine in Lagos. It would...

Osimhen to contest 2023 Ballon d’Or with Messi, Mbappe, Benzema, Haaland 

Osimhen to contest 2023 Ballon d'Or with Messi, Mbappe, Benzema, Haaland  Nigeria international and SSC Napoli goal machine, Victor Osimhen, will battle with Argentine great and World Cup winner, Lionel Messi for the 2023 Ballon d'Or.  Neptune Prime reports that Osimhen...