...Redifining Journalism for Development

Samsung showroom in Abuja’s Banex plaza catches fire (Video)

186

Samsung showroom in Abuja’s Banex plaza catches fire (Video)

A Samsung showroom in Banex Plaza, a popular shopping centre in Wuse II, Abuja, was engulfed in flames on Monday evening, causing panic among shoppers and traders.

According to Punch Newspaper, the fire started around 9.30 pm.

The video shows the electronics store burning fiercely, with thick smoke billowing from the windows and roof.

READ ALSO: Fire outbreak at Canadian Embassy leaves two dead, two hospitalised

People can be heard shouting and running away from the fire.

The FCT Fire Service arrived promptly and began to fight the blaze, which threatened to spread to other shops in the plaza.

 

Amiola Adebayo, the Head of Operations for the FCT Fire Service, confirmed the incident and said that the firemen were doing their best to put out the fire.

“Yes, it’s true. Our men are already on the ground,” he said.

The cause of the fire and the extent of the damage are yet to be ascertained, as the authorities are still investigating the incident. No casualties have been reported so far.

Neptune Prime learnt that the fire has disrupted the normal activities of the Banex Plaza, which is one of the busiest commercial hubs in Abuja.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.