HomeNewsDHQ debunks coup...

DHQ debunks coup rumour, pledges loyalty to Tinubu

DHQ debunks coup rumour, pledges loyalty to Tinubu

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has debunked reports linking the cancellation of Nigeria’s 65th Independence Anniversary activities to an alleged attempted military coup, describing the claims as false and malicious.

In a statement issued on Saturday by the Director of Defence Information, Brigadier General Tukur Gusau, the DHQ said the publication by an online platform was “misleading and aimed at creating unnecessary tension and distrust among citizens.”

According to the statement, the decision to cancel the anniversary parade was to enable President Bola Ahmed Tinubu attend a strategic bilateral meeting abroad and to allow the Armed Forces sustain their ongoing operations against terrorism, insurgency, and banditry.

READ ALSO: Soldiers arrest 450 suspects, rescue 180 civilians in September – DHQ

“The Armed Forces of Nigeria wishes to categorically state that the claims by the said publication are entirely false, malicious, and intended to cause unnecessary tension and distrust among the populace,” the statement read in part.

It further clarified that the investigation involving sixteen officers is a routine internal process meant to uphold discipline and professionalism within the military.

Gusau disclosed that an investigative panel had been set up, adding that its findings would be made public upon completion.

The DHQ urged Nigerians to disregard the falsehood, reaffirming the military’s unflinching loyalty to the Constitution and to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

READ ALSO: DHQ refutes ‘peace deal’ with notorious bandit Turji, insists ‘he is a fugitive’

“The DHQ calls on all peace-loving citizens to continue to support security agencies. The Federal Government, legislature, and judiciary are working together for the nation’s safety, development, and well-being. Democracy is forever,” the statement added.

Follow the Neptune Prime channel on WhatsApp:

Do you have breaking news, interview request, opinion, suggestion, or want your event covered? Email us at neptuneprime2233@gmail.com

Get notified whenever we post something new!

spot_img

Continue reading

Neptune Prime Weekly Magazine (07 – 08 Feb 2026)

NEPTUNE PRINE E-COPY 14.02.2026 (1)NEPTUNE PRINE E-COPY 14.02.2026 (1)

Key achievements, challenges highlighted as BASICO alumni hold 3rd Annual General Meeting

Key achievements, challenges highlighted as BASICO alumni hold 3rd Annual General Meeting The Alumni Association of the School of Basic Studies, ABU Zaria (Basico Alumni), held its third Annual General Meeting (AGM) virtually on January 15, 2026. The meeting featured...

The interconnected challenge of drug abuse and gambling in Nigeria, by Ojoma Omale

The interconnected challenge of drug abuse and gambling in Nigeria, by Ojoma Omale The fight against illicit drugs in Nigeria has been persistent, intensified, and increasingly impossible to ignore. Over the years, the Nigerian government, through the National Drug Law...