HomeSecurityCrimeAbuja-Kaduna Train Attack:...

Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack: Kaduna gov’t releases passengers manifest

Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack: Kaduna gov’t releases passengers manifest

The Kaduna State Government has released the passenger manifest for the Abuja-Kaduna train service AK9 which was attacked by bandits on Monday.

In a statement on Wednesday, the Commissioner Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, said the manifest showed that 398 passengers bought tickets for the trip but 362 of these passengers were validated as having boarded the train through the gate.

READ ALSO: Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack: Union workers blame management

This is contrary to reports that over 900 persons boarded the train on Monday.

According to Aruwan, eight bodies had been recovered, while 26 were injured. Several of the passengers are still unaccounted for as search operations by security agencies intensifies.

Aruwan said the state government appealed to the public to assist with information regarding passengers on the train by contacting the Kaduna State Emergency Management Agency on the phone line: 09088923398.

READ ALSO: Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack: Family declared missing

Similarly, Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State on Tuesday visited some of the victims receiving treatment at the 44 military hospital and St. Gerald hospital.

The governor was accompanied by the heads of security agencies stationed in the state.

See the manifest below:

PASSENGERS MANIFEST.




Follow the Neptune Prime channel on WhatsApp:

Do you have breaking news, interview request, opinion, suggestion, or want your event covered? Email us at neptuneprime2233@gmail.com

Get notified whenever we post something new!

spot_img

Continue reading

DSS releases wrongfully detained young man in Yobe, offers ₦2 million for reintegration

DSS releases wrongfully detained young man in Yobe, offers ₦2 million for reintegration Story by Sa'adatu MAINA, Damaturu The Department of State Services (DSS) under the leadership of Mr Oluwatosin Ajayi (MON) has released a young man, Mr Ya’u Mohammed, from...

Committee officially announces Baba Malam Wali as APC governorship candidate in Yobe

Committee officially announces Baba Malam Wali as APC governorship candidate in Yobe Story by Sa'adatu MAINA, Damaturu The All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship Primary Election Committee has officially announced Alhaji Baba Malam Wali as the party's flag bearer for the 2027...

Gadaka calls for sustained APC victory as Alhaji Baba Malam Wali emerges winner of governorship primary

Gadaka calls for sustained APC victory as Alhaji Baba Malam Wali emerges winner of governorship primary Story by Sa'adatu MAINA, Damaturu The Yobe State Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Mohammad Gadaka, on Thursday cast his vote at Goge...