HomeSportsAlgeria may host...

Algeria may host 2025 AFCON

From the look of things, Algeria may be given the hosting rights for the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) after the country’s Football Association submitted its application on Friday.

READ ALSO: AFCON: The gigantic tournament

Algeria stepped into the bid to compete with neighbour, Morocco and a joint bid by Nigeria and Benin after Guinea were stripped of the hosting rights due to lack of preparedness.

“I am currently in Cairo and I have just officially submitted Algeria’s application” to host the tournament, Algerian Football Federation spokesman, Salah Bey Aboud told public radio station Chaine 3.

Meanwhile, Algeria’s sports and youth minister said Tuesday that the country’s application was “solid and consistent”.

“Unlike other bidders, Algeria has facilities that are already operational,” Abderezzak Sebgag told the APS official news agency.

Algeria had already said in early October that it would bid to host the cup, days after Guinea’s President Patrice Motsepe said the country had been stripped of the task, according to AFP.

CAF will inspect facilities in January before announcing a final decision the following month.

Follow the Neptune Prime channel on WhatsApp:

Do you have breaking news, interview request, opinion, suggestion, or want your event covered? Email us at neptuneprime2233@gmail.com

Get notified whenever we post something new!

spot_img

Continue reading

Ronaldo provides his Marrakech hotel for earthquake victims as death toll rises above 2,000

Ronaldo provides his Marrakech hotel for earthquake victims as death toll rises above 2,000   Portugal international, Cristiano Ronaldo, has made his hotel, Pestana CR7 in Marrakech available as shelter for victims after a 7.2 magnitude earthquake tore a larger part...

NGO berates professional conduct over patient with missing intestine

NGO berates professional conduct over patient with missing intestine   A Non-governmental Organisation (NGO), Women Arise for Change Initiative, has frowned at the level of professionalism by some doctors following the removal of a 13-year-old boy's small intestine in Lagos. It would...

Osimhen to contest 2023 Ballon d’Or with Messi, Mbappe, Benzema, Haaland 

Osimhen to contest 2023 Ballon d'Or with Messi, Mbappe, Benzema, Haaland  Nigeria international and SSC Napoli goal machine, Victor Osimhen, will battle with Argentine great and World Cup winner, Lionel Messi for the 2023 Ballon d'Or.  Neptune Prime reports that Osimhen...