HomeUncategorizedBe cautious against...

Be cautious against fake ad hoc staff recruitment portal – INEC warns

Be cautious against fake ad hoc staff recruitment portal – INEC warns

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has again cautioned Nigerians against a purported portal for recruitment of ad hoc staff 2023 general election.

INEC made the declaration in a short message by Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman, Mr Rotimi Oyekanmi on Tuesday in Abuja, according to News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

Oyekanmi said that the commission is no longer recruiting for the election as it official website for the recruitment had been shut down hence the portal in circulation is fake.

“The website/blog below is advertising ad hoc staff positions for the 2023 general election.

“However, the commission is no longer recruiting ad hoc staff for the 2023 General Election as the INEC ad hoc staff recruitment portal was officially shut down on Dec. 14 2022.

“Therefore, the site, with the URL – http://www.yournewclaims.com/Inec-Recriutment/ is fake. It is intended to defraud unsuspecting members of the public. Nigerians should disregard it,” he said.

INEC had on Oct. 5, 2022 raised the alarm over similar fake ad hoc recruitment link inecnigeria.govservice.site being circulated online.

The commission had much earlier, on Sept. 7, 2022 announced that its official recruitment portal for 2023 general election (www.pres.inecnigeria.org) would be opened to the public on Wednesday Sept. 14, 2022 by 8 a.m. and would be closed on Wednesday, Dec. 14, by 8pm.

Follow the Neptune Prime channel on WhatsApp:

Do you have breaking news, interview request, opinion, suggestion, or want your event covered? Email us at neptuneprime2233@gmail.com

Get notified whenever we post something new!

spot_img

Continue reading

Water Shortage: Kano gov orders action in Warawa LG – Commissioner for Environment

Water Shortage: Kano gov orders action in Warawa LG - Commissioner for Environment Story from Jamilu Lawan Yakasai Kano State Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf has ordered immediate action to address severe water shortages in Talawa, Ba'awa, and Dinyari communities in Warawa...

Police arraign hit-and-run driver for killing 32-year-old tech CEO

Police arraign hit-and-run driver for killing 32-year-old tech CEO The Lagos State Police Command has confirmed the arraignment of Abiola Odutayo for reckless driving, which resulted in the death of Bumpa co-founder Teejay Opayele. The incident happened on March 4, 2025,...

Four Nigerian businessmen make 2025 Africa’s billionaires’ list

Four Nigerian businessmen make 2025 Africa's billionaires' list Nigeria’s wealthiest businessmen, Aliko Dangote, Mike Adenuga, Abdulsamad Rabiu, and Femi Otedola, have emerged as the only Nigerians on the 2025 ‘Africa’s Billionaires List’ compiled by Forbes, which was released on Saturday. Once...