HomeNewsCrimeEdo Massacre: DSS...

Edo Massacre: DSS arrests principal suspects

Edo Massacre: DSS arrests principal suspects

Department of State Services (DSS) has arrested the principal suspects of the mob attack that claimed the lives of 16 Northern travellers in Uromi, Edo State.

Recall that a mob had attacked a group of Northerners, following an alarm raised by vigilantes in the community about them transporting Dane guns.

A total of 16 men were set ablaze on March 27 in Uromi, Esan North East Local Government.

The Chief Press Secretary of Edo State governor, Monday Okpehbolo, Fred Itua, confirmed the arrest of the suspects by the DSS.

READ ALSO: Residents flee Uromi, neighbouring towns following mob attack on 16 travellers

He said, “Operatives of the Department of State Security have arrested two principal suspects involved in the killing of 16 Nigerians of northern extraction in Uromi, Esan North East Local Government last week.

“The suspects were arrested by operatives of the DSS in Uromi, following credible intelligence. Operatives of various security agencies are hunting for other key suspects involved in the unfortunate incidents.”

Neptune Prime reports that residents of the affected community and neighbouring towns have begun vacating the community out of fear of being arrested by security operatives.

Similarly, women in the area have staged protests in the Ojuromi of Uromi palace over the indiscriminate arrest of their loved ones.

A resident of the town said, “What is happening now is that people are leaving their houses where the killing took place for fear of being arrested by the police, who have been mandated to fish out all the culprits.

READ ALSO: Uromi Massacre: Edo gov visits victims’ families in Kano, promises justice

“I believe the protest by the women on Monday is in connection with the indiscriminate arrest of residents by security agencies.

Follow the Neptune Prime channel on WhatsApp:

Do you have breaking news, interview request, opinion, suggestion, or want your event covered? Email us at neptuneprime2233@gmail.com

Get notified whenever we post something new!

spot_img

Continue reading

The Alausa Takeover: Examining Tinubu’s politics of exclusion, by Engr. Bello Gwarzo Abdullahi, FNSE

The Alausa Takeover: Examining Tinubu’s politics of exclusion, by Engr. Bello Gwarzo Abdullahi, FNSE Professor Farooq Kperogi’s recent commentary, “Tinubu’s Baffling Northern Exclusion Strategy,” touches a sensitive national nerve that goes far beyond the North. What initially appeared to be...

Yobe APC chairman commends transparent presidential primary as Tinubu emerges victorious

Yobe APC chairman commends transparent presidential primary as Tinubu emerges victorious Story by Sa'adatu MAINA, Damaturu The Yobe State Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Mohammad Gadaka, has lauded the party’s presidential primary that resulted in the emergence of...

Beyond Infrastructure: How Yobe state is rewriting the healthcare narrative in Sub-Saharan Africa, by Abubakar M. Kareto

Beyond Infrastructure: How Yobe state is rewriting the healthcare narrative in Sub-Saharan Africa, by Abubakar M. Kareto The popular maxim dictates that health is wealth. In the calculus of socio-economic development, there is an unassailable truth that the productivity, economic...