HomeNewsCrimeTinubu condemns Kebbi...

Tinubu condemns Kebbi schoolgirls’ abduction

Tinubu condemns Kebbi schoolgirls’ abduction

Story by Mercy Adaje

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has expressed deep sorrow over the abduction of 25 schoolgirls from Government Girls Comprehensive Secondary School, Maga, in Kebbi State, describing the incident as a heartbreaking disruption of the students’ education.

The students were kidnapped on Monday after bandits stormed the school and fatally shot the Vice Principal, Malam Hassan Makuku. Tribune Online reported that no fewer than 25 girls were taken during the attack.

In a statement issued Tuesday by his Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, the President directed Vice President Kashim Shettima to visit Kebbi State on Wednesday to commiserate with the state government and families affected. He assured parents that the government is fully committed to securing the safe and speedy return of the abducted girls.

READ ALSO: Tinubu condemns murder of Sokoto monarch by bandits, vows decisive action

Tinubu said he was “depressed” by the report of the abduction and condemned the terrorists responsible for the attack. He noted that he had been fully briefed by military authorities about the incident and commended Governor Mohammed Nasir Idris for efforts made to prevent the attack despite earlier intelligence warnings.

While decrying the security breach, Tinubu urged communities—especially those in vulnerable areas—to share information with security agencies to help prevent further attacks. He emphasized that effective military and security operations depend heavily on cooperation from citizens.

“As Commander-in-Chief, I am depressed by the tragic loss of our soldiers on duty. May God comfort the families of Brigadier General Musa Uba and all our fallen heroes,” the President said.
“I am also deeply pained that heartless terrorists have once again disrupted the education of innocent schoolgirls. I have directed security agencies to act swiftly and bring the girls back home.”

READ ALSO: Tinubu condemns attacks in Zamfara, Kano, condoles with Gumi, Abacha’s family

Tinubu extended condolences to the Nigerian military over the death of Brigadier General Musa Uba and other soldiers who lost their lives while fighting insurgents in Borno State.

Follow the Neptune Prime channel on WhatsApp:

Do you have breaking news, interview request, opinion, suggestion, or want your event covered? Email us at neptuneprime2233@gmail.com

Get notified whenever we post something new!

spot_img

Continue reading

The Alausa Takeover: Examining Tinubu’s politics of exclusion, by Engr. Bello Gwarzo Abdullahi, FNSE

The Alausa Takeover: Examining Tinubu’s politics of exclusion, by Engr. Bello Gwarzo Abdullahi, FNSE Professor Farooq Kperogi’s recent commentary, “Tinubu’s Baffling Northern Exclusion Strategy,” touches a sensitive national nerve that goes far beyond the North. What initially appeared to be...

Yobe APC chairman commends transparent presidential primary as Tinubu emerges victorious

Yobe APC chairman commends transparent presidential primary as Tinubu emerges victorious Story by Sa'adatu MAINA, Damaturu The Yobe State Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Mohammad Gadaka, has lauded the party’s presidential primary that resulted in the emergence of...

Beyond Infrastructure: How Yobe state is rewriting the healthcare narrative in Sub-Saharan Africa, by Abubakar M. Kareto

Beyond Infrastructure: How Yobe state is rewriting the healthcare narrative in Sub-Saharan Africa, by Abubakar M. Kareto The popular maxim dictates that health is wealth. In the calculus of socio-economic development, there is an unassailable truth that the productivity, economic...