HomeInternationalMiddle EastUAE rejects role...

UAE rejects role in any potential US military action against Iran

UAE rejects role in any potential US military action against Iran

The United Arab Emirates has declared that it will not permit the United States to use its airspace, territory, or waters for any military operation against Iran, amid rising tensions between Washington and Tehran.

In a statement released on Monday via X, the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the country would also refrain from providing any form of logistical support for a US-led attack on Iran. The ministry stressed the UAE’s firm commitment to preventing its territory from being used for hostile actions and reiterated its preference for diplomacy and dialogue over military confrontation.

READ ALSO: Saudi Arabia strikes UAE arms cargo in Yemen

“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has reaffirmed the UAE’s commitment to not allowing its airspace, territory, or waters to be used in any hostile military actions against Iran, and to not providing any logistical support in this regard,” the statement said.

It added that the UAE believes dialogue, de-escalation, adherence to international law, and respect for state sovereignty remain the most effective means of addressing current regional crises.

The UAE, a key US ally in the Middle East, hosts the Al Dhafra Air Base, which accommodates more than 3,500 American troops. Other US partners in the region, including Qatar and Saudi Arabia, are also believed to have expressed similar reservations, although no official statements have been made public.

READ ALSO: Saudi, UAE, Qatar seal airspace to Israel for anti-Iran move

Tensions between the US and Iran have escalated following recent anti-government protests in Iran, which reportedly resulted in over 2,000 deaths. Human rights groups have accused Iranian security forces of killing unarmed protesters, while the Iranian government has blamed the unrest on foreign interference, accusing the US and Israel of deploying agents to fuel violence and destruction.

US President Donald Trump has previously warned that Washington could intervene militarily if Iranian authorities violently suppress protesters. PREMIUM TIMES earlier reported Trump as saying the US was “locked and loaded and ready to go,” vowing to act if peaceful protesters were killed.

READ ALSO: UAE reverses visa ban on Nigerians following Tinubu’s diplomatic moves

Meanwhile, reports indicate that the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln and three accompanying destroyers have arrived in the Indian Ocean and are heading toward the Gulf of Oman. CNN reported that the deployment is linked to preparations for a possible US strike on Iran.

Trump also confirmed over the weekend that US naval forces are moving closer to the Middle East, noting that Washington is closely monitoring developments in Iran. The US administration has stated that all options, including military action, remain under consideration as pressure mounts on Tehran.

In response, Iran has issued a strong warning, vowing to retaliate against any military attack on its territory.

Follow the Neptune Prime channel on WhatsApp:

Do you have breaking news, interview request, opinion, suggestion, or want your event covered? Email us at neptuneprime2233@gmail.com

Get notified whenever we post something new!

spot_img

Continue reading

Political Myopia and the Crisis of Small Ambition: The Continuing Decline of Ibrahim Shekarau, by Saleh Farouq Gagarawa, anipr

One of the clearest signs of political decline is when a leader who once stood at the peak of power gradually reduces his political horizon from national influence to the desperate pursuit of increasingly smaller offices. That is the uncomfortable...

Meet Segun Aina who started at JAMB as corps member, now registrar

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed Segun Aina as the new Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), succeeding Is-haq Oloyede, whose second tenure ends on July 31, 2026. Aina’s appointment has attracted national attention, not only because...

Kaduna police arrest man accused of kidnapping father twice for ransom

The Nigeria Police Force in Kaduna State has uncovered an alleged kidnapping plot involving a man, Yusuf Rabo, and his nephew, Ali Haruna, who is currently on the run, over the abduction of an elderly man, Alhaji Rabo Jelani. According...