HomeNewsCrime32-year-old man murders...

32-year-old man murders 39-year-old lover over Itel phone

32-year-old man murders 39-year-old lover over Itel phone

Operatives of the Akwa Ibom State Police Command have arrested a 32-year-old Ndifreke Isaiah Nelson for allegedly killing his girlfriend, Emem Monday Effanga, 39, and stealing her mobile phone after committing the crime.

Police Public Relations (PPRO) in the state, DSP Timfon John while addressing journalists on Monday, said the victim was trailed to his church where he was arrested following intelligence.

She said, “Sometime in February 2025, the Command received a report that the deceased was found dead in her apartment under suspicious circumstances.

“Upon arrival at the scene, operatives observed visible marks of violence on her face and neck, suggesting she had been strangled and beaten to death.

“The scene was processed, evidence documented, and the body was evacuated to the hospital, where she was confirmed clinically dead by medical personnel.

“The corpse was thereafter deposited at the mortuary for preservation and autopsy.

“Following swift investigations, detectives traced the last person seen with the deceased to be Ndifreke Isaiah Nelson, who had visited her residence on 6th February 2025, the morning of his birthday.

“The suspect was later tracked to a Church in Uyo, where he attempted to escape upon sighting police operatives but was swiftly pursued and apprehended.

During interrogation, the suspect confessed to visiting the victim that morning and demanding to use her phone to take pictures for his birthday celebration on social media.

“When she refused, a struggle ensued, during which he overpowered her, strangled her with his hands, and struck her head on the floor with fist blows, leaving her unconscious before fleeing with her phone. One 1-tel Super Phone, belonging to the deceased, was recovered from him at the time of arrest.

“A post-mortem examination has been conducted, and the cause of death has been officially documented by a pathologist. The suspect will be charged to court.

“The Commissioner of Police, CP Baba Mohammed Azare, has assured that justice will be served and warned against all forms of domestic violence and criminal acts. He urges the public to remain security conscious and report suspicious activities to the police.

Follow the Neptune Prime channel on WhatsApp:

Do you have breaking news, interview request, opinion, suggestion, or want your event covered? Email us at neptuneprime2233@gmail.com

Get notified whenever we post something new!

spot_img

Continue reading

DSS releases wrongfully detained young man in Yobe, offers ₦2 million for reintegration

DSS releases wrongfully detained young man in Yobe, offers ₦2 million for reintegration Story by Sa'adatu MAINA, Damaturu The Department of State Services (DSS) under the leadership of Mr Oluwatosin Ajayi (MON) has released a young man, Mr Ya’u Mohammed, from...

Committee officially announces Baba Malam Wali as APC governorship candidate in Yobe

Committee officially announces Baba Malam Wali as APC governorship candidate in Yobe Story by Sa'adatu MAINA, Damaturu The All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship Primary Election Committee has officially announced Alhaji Baba Malam Wali as the party's flag bearer for the 2027...

Gadaka calls for sustained APC victory as Alhaji Baba Malam Wali emerges winner of governorship primary

Gadaka calls for sustained APC victory as Alhaji Baba Malam Wali emerges winner of governorship primary Story by Sa'adatu MAINA, Damaturu The Yobe State Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Mohammad Gadaka, on Thursday cast his vote at Goge...