HomeNewsFMC Abuja dismisses...

FMC Abuja dismisses Anti-Snake venom shortage claims in death of singer Nanyah

FMC Abuja dismisses Anti-Snake venom shortage claims in death of singer Nanyah

The Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Jabi, Abuja, has rejected allegations that a shortage of anti-snake venom or medical negligence led to the death of rising singer Nanyah, describing the claims as unfounded and misleading.

In a statement released on Tuesday, the management of the hospital said it provided appropriate and timely medical care to the late musician, insisting that anti-snake venom was available at the time he was brought to the facility.

READ ALSO: On FMC Misau, host community, and self-appointed meddlers, by Muhammad Ahmad Yaya Misau

The FMC explained that Nanyah was admitted in critical condition following a reported snakebite and that medical personnel immediately commenced treatment in line with standard clinical protocols. According to the hospital, all necessary emergency interventions were carried out, including the administration of anti-snake venom where indicated.

Reacting to reports circulating on social media, the management stressed that no patient had been denied treatment due to lack of drugs or equipment, adding that the insinuations of negligence were unfair to healthcare workers involved in the case.

READ ALSO: FMC Keffi faces scrutiny over allegations of job racketeering, corruption

“The claims that there was no anti-snake venom in our facility or that negligence contributed to the patient’s death are not true,” the statement said. “Our team acted professionally and responsibly within the limits of the patient’s clinical presentation.”

The hospital extended condolences to the family, friends, and fans of the late singer, while urging the public to refrain from spreading unverified information capable of causing panic or damaging reputations.

READ ALSO: FMC Yola successfully separates conjoined twins for 3rd time

Nanyah’s death had sparked widespread reactions online, with some commentators accusing the hospital of failing in its duty of care. FMC, however, maintained that it remains committed to quality healthcare delivery and transparency, assuring the public of its readiness to cooperate with any lawful inquiry into the incident.

Follow the Neptune Prime channel on WhatsApp:

Do you have breaking news, interview request, opinion, suggestion, or want your event covered? Email us at neptuneprime2233@gmail.com

Get notified whenever we post something new!

spot_img

Continue reading

Political Myopia and the Crisis of Small Ambition: The Continuing Decline of Ibrahim Shekarau, by Saleh Farouq Gagarawa, anipr

One of the clearest signs of political decline is when a leader who once stood at the peak of power gradually reduces his political horizon from national influence to the desperate pursuit of increasingly smaller offices. That is the uncomfortable...

Meet Segun Aina who started at JAMB as corps member, now registrar

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed Segun Aina as the new Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), succeeding Is-haq Oloyede, whose second tenure ends on July 31, 2026. Aina’s appointment has attracted national attention, not only because...

Kaduna police arrest man accused of kidnapping father twice for ransom

The Nigeria Police Force in Kaduna State has uncovered an alleged kidnapping plot involving a man, Yusuf Rabo, and his nephew, Ali Haruna, who is currently on the run, over the abduction of an elderly man, Alhaji Rabo Jelani. According...