HomeNews‎Dangote Allegations: NMDPRA...

‎Dangote Allegations: NMDPRA Chief rejects viral statement, welcomes ICPC investigation


‎Dangote Allegations: NMDPRA Chief rejects viral statement, welcomes ICPC investigation

‎The Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA), Farouk Ahmed, has denied authoring or approving a statement circulating on social media in response to allegations made against him by President of the Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote.

‎In a brief statement released on Wednesday, Ahmed clarified that the viral response attributed to him did not originate from his office. He stressed that he neither issued nor authorised any public statement concerning the allegations.

‎Speaking earlier at the Dangote Petroleum Refinery in Lekki, Lagos, Dangote had called for a comprehensive investigation into Ahmed’s financial dealings. He urged the NMDPRA boss to appear before the Code of Conduct Tribunal to publicly explain the source of funds used to educate his children abroad.

‎Dangote alleged that the cost of educating four of Ahmed’s children for secondary school amounted to about $5 million, questioning how a public official could afford such expenses. He subsequently petitioned the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), accusing the regulator of actions that could undermine investor confidence and amount to economic sabotage, particularly through the approval of fuel import licences.

READ ALSO: Reps invite Dangote refinery, NMDPRA over downstream sector dispute

‎On Tuesday, a statement purportedly signed by Ahmed surfaced online, responding to the allegations. However, NMDPRA officials dismissed it as fake.

‎Reacting to the situation, Ahmed said he deliberately chose not to engage in public exchanges despite being aware of what he described as unfounded allegations against him and his family.

‎“My attention has been drawn to a purported response attributed to me regarding the recent allegations. I wish to state clearly that the statement did not emanate from me,” he said.

‎Ahmed expressed relief that the matter had been formally referred to the ICPC, noting that an independent investigation would provide an opportunity to objectively examine the issues and clear his name.

‎“I believe this process will allow the facts to be properly established and enable me to address the allegations in an appropriate forum,” he added.

Follow the Neptune Prime channel on WhatsApp:

Do you have breaking news, interview request, opinion, suggestion, or want your event covered? Email us at neptuneprime2233@gmail.com

Get notified whenever we post something new!

spot_img

Continue reading

Neptune Prime Weekly Magazine (07 – 08 Feb 2026)

NEPTUNE PRINE E-COPY 14.02.2026 (1)NEPTUNE PRINE E-COPY 14.02.2026 (1)

Key achievements, challenges highlighted as BASICO alumni hold 3rd Annual General Meeting

Key achievements, challenges highlighted as BASICO alumni hold 3rd Annual General Meeting The Alumni Association of the School of Basic Studies, ABU Zaria (Basico Alumni), held its third Annual General Meeting (AGM) virtually on January 15, 2026. The meeting featured...

The interconnected challenge of drug abuse and gambling in Nigeria, by Ojoma Omale

The interconnected challenge of drug abuse and gambling in Nigeria, by Ojoma Omale The fight against illicit drugs in Nigeria has been persistent, intensified, and increasingly impossible to ignore. Over the years, the Nigerian government, through the National Drug Law...